Hey babes! Welcome to our interview series, 11 Questions With. This month’s spotlight is German fashion and lifestyle blogger, Paula Handrick. This fashionable, bikini lovin' babe created Paula Handrick Blog as an outlet to share her travels and daily experiences. Today, Paula opens up about her typical day, favorite travel destinations, and advice for future bloggers. Let’s start chatting!
1. What is a typical day in the life of Paula Handrick?
Well, as I'm not a full-time blogger, I usually get up for work in the early morning, hit the gym in the late afternoon and do social media, blog things and preparing dinner in the evenings. On the weekends I love to be outside and enjoy the weather and shoot photos for my blog.
2. What 3 words best describe you?
Summerlover, passionate, and down to Earth.
3. Who or what inspired you to start Paula Handrick Blog?
Myself. My boyfriend and I love to take pictures wherever we go. I decided to start blogging to have a little diary with all my impressions from my travels, Sunday coffee walks, or just things I'm currently dealing with.
4. We are huge fans of your Instagram. Do you have any tips or tricks for achieving an aesthetically beautiful Instagram page?
I like to have my IG personal - my blog is like my "fashion magazine" or diary with high end photography on it. IG is just for the moment to be posted. That breakfast is pretty? I'll post it. My outfit is kinda cool? Ok, let's post it. It's all about being spontaneous in IG I guess. We have to get away from just posting high end pictures to be honest.
5. What was the best piece of advice you ever got?
Just do it now and do not wait until tomorrow.
6. As an avid traveler, can you share your favorite countries you’ve visited and why?
Bali and Cali. I love Bali for it's beaches and food. I love California for it's mix - having the city and beach so close.
7. What's your typical go-to look?
Denim, a white shirt, and some cute kicks or flip flops.
8. Can you share some tips for others looking to get into blogging?
Do not think about how to do it, just start and find your own way to blog. It has to be you and real. Do not try to copy others. Just be yourself and share your thoughts and things you like.
9. What’s something people would be surprised to learn about you?
Even though I'm German, my iPhone is set in english. Temperature and time is also set in "american". I'm just american at heart. :-)
10. What styles do you prefer when bikini shopping? Can you share your favorite piece from our new collection?
I love the Natalie one piece in black.
11. Words to live by?
Be productive - not busy.
Be sure to check out Paula's blog, Paula Handrick Blog and follow her Instagram!
Who would you like to see me interview for our next 11 Questions With?
Let me know in the comments below!