1. If you swallow gum, it will stay in your stomach for seven years
Your stomach can't break down a piece of gum the same way it breaks down other food, but it can move the gum along.
2. Muscle turns to fat when you don’t exercise
Muscle cells are completely different from fat cells. They do not have the capability to change into one another.
3. Chocolate gives you acne
There is little evidence that chocolate will cause acne. However, a high-sugar and high-fat diet can increase sebum production and promote inflammatory responses in the body which can lead to acne.
4. Don’t swim for half an hour after eating
Swimming right after a big meal might be uncomfortable, but it won't cause you any harm.
5. Eating after 7 pm makes you gain weight
Your body isn’t on a 24-hour clock.
6. You can ‘catch up’ on your missed sleep during the weekend
Sleeping in for an hour or two on Saturday and Sunday mornings doesn’t really make up for lost time, even if you feel better on Monday in the a.m.
7. You don't need sunscreen in the winter
The sun’s rays are just as strong and damaging despite what your thermometer says.
8. Eggs are unhealthy cholesterol bombs
There are plenty of health benefits of eggs, and they can be consumed without worry.
9. Energy drinks give you energy
The high sugar and caffeine content gives you a slight sugar rush -- that’s all.
10. Coffee is not good for your heart
Coffee has essentially no effect on blood pressure in people that regularly drink coffee. Recent studies have generally found no connection between coffee and an increased risk of heart disease or cancer.